1. Halley Barry needs a haircut.
2. Antonio Banderas should keep his day job.
3. I heart Cate Blanchett. Might just see The Aviator just for her.
4. Hooray Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind --best original screenplay is great, but will The Academy ever take a chance and acknowledge unconventional creativity?
5. What's with the tiaras?
6. I don't like the new format with the people on stage--too weird for the nominees, and pretty cheap.
7. Beyonce (who I have never heard before--that I know of) has a really nice voice. But why did she have to sing three of the nominated songs?
8. Why does "body modification" seem to be a pre-requisite for a woman to get an Oscar? We want them more like us in the films, but sure like to see how they clean up.
9. I double heart Clint Eastwood--everything he's done in film (except maybe those ones with the Chimpanzee).
10. Why do I stay up to watch this show every year? I always pay in sleep deprivation the next day.
*I watched the Oscars even though I haven't seen any of the pictures nominated for Best Picture. Hell, I didn't see many movies this year that were nominated in any category (Spiderman 2, Eternal Sunshine, Shrek 2, Harry Potter and Collateral--that totally sucks). I'm a movie-buff who never has time for the movies. I'm working to change that and slowly move up to my pre-children one movie at the theatre a week with more DVDs in between. Yah, right after I learn to bend time to get more of it.
So, tell a time and sleep starved mom which of the five nominated films I should make a top priority. Michelle, Alison and Katherine, I get my film-kicks vicariously through you, so I'll be looking for your picks.