I took the leap and went with the intarsia. I had already casted on and was pretty sure I would stick with it, but after talking to Kirk at the daycare skating party (it's nice to have another parent to talk knitting with at lessons and stuff), I was committed. If you saw what he was making, you would never complain about ends again. Stunning.
That being said, I've only done two rows. I needed to get the computer area in the basement set up so I could scan and enlarge the charts and that led to a lot of boxes being opened and well, time just got sucked away. But at least I can print again. Come to think of it, I never actually did get the chart scanned...
I did borrow this nifty crayola bag to keep it all together.
Good thing, because there are lots of ends.
By Saturday night my brain was too tired so I decided to tackle a tea cozy instead. I went for the traditional pattern with a not-so-traditional pairing of Knitpicks Merino style in Blueberry (rejected as the Lizard Ridge border) with a ball of Kureyon leftover from that same afghan--I guess I can call it my reject-Lizard tea cozy.
The pattern is really neat and creates a very dense fabric. But it is also stranded and garter stitch so it's going really slow. My alpaca hat will have to stand in for a tea cozy for a bit longer I'm afraid.