How an innocent question turns into an afternoon of hole-making.
1. Wonder why Alexander's room is colder than the rest of the house.
2. Pull off heating vent cover, vacuum, notice that the hose if sorta "free" in the hole.
3. Get light, realize duct is actually not connected to the hole (photo from between the floor boards).
4. Panic a bit. Swear a lot.
5. Get your handy dude Craig to start investigating.
6. Realize holes will need to be made.
7. Get a bit light headed.
8. Make hole.
9. Discover that duct is not connected to vent, and to the other elbow, or the main duct (ie the ankle bone is not connected to the knee bone or the knee bone connected to the thigh bone).
10. Swear a lot.
11. Make more holes.
12. Start reconnecting.
13. Realize holes are not big enough for arms and seeing what one is doing.
13. Make bigger holes--ie make two holes one.
14. Finish reconnecting.
15. Patch holes next weekend. Go eat at Lahore Tikka House for dinner instead.