Last week I mentioned I finished Pioneer but didn't have much nice to say about it. That was a bit unfair to the sweater. It's SILK for goodness sakes! It's a lovely olive green. I made it with my own two hands!
Now that my house has ceased being molten and I am not a sweaty slug, I decided to give Pioneer another try.
It grew a bit with washing and well the neckline is just too big. Even with a tank underneath I feel like one of breasts will POP out of the sweater at an inopportune moment. Just not right.
I'm not sure why the idea struck me, but it did: This sweater can be saved. Three strands of the yarn, my fringe twister, a darning needle and 5 minutes later, I had this:
I laced the yarn through the little holes in the scallop crocheted edge. My boobs are contained, the sweater gets a little something extra and I like it.
So now I can give it a proper photoshoot.
Nice back detail with the faux cables:
Also on the sides (this is a great idea for a top-down sweater, it's just enough detail to keep a knitter from losing her sanity and adds a nice detail to the garment).
I have no faults with this pattern. It's clear, easy to follow and the sizing worked for me. I think it's better suited to a stretchier fibre like wool or perhaps a wool silk blend--something that won't grow. Fibre content matters!
And so does dye lot. The first ball of this yarn isn't quite the same as the others. I should have alternated yarns. Oh well...I still saved this sweater.