We've been on fire this weekend. Snowboots and winter clothes were purchased, beds were changed, food bought and prepared, laundry completed (folded even), two homework projects were finished with no tears, pumpkins were carved and everyone got enough sleep.
This morning I've already emptied the dishwasher, put the chili in the crock pot, started working on Wednesday's lecture and it's only 9am. That extra hour is really helpful. I could use it every week.
Maybe it was my witchie persona that led to all this magic. We even went to a Halloween party.
I even almost finished packing the room with the most stuff in it. I'm going to miss this attic room. Mostly because I'm not sure where all this stuff will fit in the new house. I am happy about all the stuff I've been throwing away. Moving is good for culling junk.
Does not lead to this:
I'm *almost* done. I didn't share the story of the sweater last week. The required ball of KSH arrived Thursday night and I picked up the neck that night. The sweater came to Rhinebeck and I worked on it for a few hours only to discover that four ball would not be enough. I stopped the neck and went back to the sleeve to confirm it--I needed another freakin' ball. With some help from Denny I decided having a sweater done right is better than a sweater done fast so I put it away for the weekend.
Monday morning at home in bed, I started ripping. Ripping mohair is evil. But ripping double-stranded mohair is evil with added maleficence. When I was done there were about a dozen little balls of KSH. We took some time apart after that. Oh, and I didn't have any time to knit.
I used the little balls (that sat there like high-end tribbles) and finished the sleeve. Then I used one strand of the first dyelot with the one ball of the other dyelot to do the neck. Hopefully tonight I'll finish it--I don't want this momentum to stop yet. Just remember, if you're making the size medium sweater, be warned you need 5 balls, not four.