As I approach the 7th anniversary of And She Knits Too on Typepad, I notice that I've really lost my blogging mojo. I blame the crazy pace of life, Twitter, Facebook (which I'm back visiting for some reason), my ability to avoid listening to the news (i.e. I don't have as much to rant about as I did when I was in grad school) and Ravelry (wonderful, fantastic Ravelry).
But it's not like I don't have anything to say. So today, you get some random Wednesday blatherings:
1. A clean install of Windows 7 seemed like a good idea. Except it doesn't recognize the DVD drive. Seems that it doesn't see the DVD drives of about 10 million other computers either. I hate crazy making computer frustrations. I just want to watch DVDs on my fancy new 23" LCD monitor.
2. I have two fantastic knitting books to review. They're re-issues of classics with some extras thrown in. I need to get organized and tell you about them. Soon. Reading them would also be helpful.
3. I haven't knit in two days (I did ply some yarn on my Matchless for about 20 minutes). I wonder if this is why I"m so cranky.
4. I'm back to RUNNING!! Turns out I had a hamstring strain caused by the constant stopping in ball hockey. The physiotherapist gave me some stretches and did some work on me and I feel a ton better. I've already done 3 runs and I feel fantastic. Hooray!
5. There is a data error in my current work that I cannot isolate. It was a fun puzzle the last two days. It is now a freakin' crazy-making exercise in "why the hell don't people enter the data properly so I don't have to do a line by line comparison to find the problem??!!"
6. Note, I only use the data, I do not enter it. So yes, I am rightfully blaming others.
7. I'm mostly off my bike and back on the subway. I realize that I don't hate the transit system, I hate the people on the transit system. The ones who think I should wait for the next train so that they have enough room to read a broadsheet newspaper. The ones who think that pushing those people who won't move into the train is rude, but it's not rude to crowd the doors themselves and make others wait. Push your way in baby. If you can put out your arms and not bump 5 people, there's enough fucking room.
8. What is with the comment spam?! Oddly phrased comments from www.Ihavesomeconterfeitcraptosellyou.com or www.buymyfancyrunnersnamedaftersomehas-beenathelete.org are stupid. Stop it already, none of my fantastic readers are going to buy your stuff. Especially not from you Mr. https://IhavesomeissueswiththesizeofmypenisandwantyoutogettakeninbysomesnakeoillikeIdid.com
9. I'm getting yarn from Indigodragonfly that I fell in love with in September. I will be making this. The yarn is called "Edward discovers that woodchippers make excellent juicers". The yarn is 50/50 merino silk. The whole combination makes me very happy.