1. Normally Wednesdays are a tough day at home because everyone is tired. This week the kids had a 4 day weekend and I had Monday off so we're pretty zippy. I suppose that will mean tomorrow is the tough day.
2. I did very little knitting on my long weekend. But did make Emma a pair of fingerless gloves. She seems to be reviving the 80's style (is that back already?!) with suspenders and leggings and now these gloves. But it's cute on a ten year old who is expressing herself.
3. Fingerless gloves on 4mm needles are a fast knit.
4. I'm working on my taxes which is leading to another blog post, but not today, I need to let it percolate more.
5. The coffee at work actually tastes good again. I stopped drinking it for about 6 months until they changed the machine. Now that it doesn't taste like coffee-flavoured diluted dishwater I wonder if the regular drinkers are wondering if they should have been drinking the old stuff. I sure wonder how they stood it.
6. I bought a bikini this weekend. Not only does it look pretty good on me, I feel good with it on.
7. Why a bikini? We're off to Cozumel in 2 and a half weeks. I want to get a little UV therapy while I'm there. It'll save me having to do UVB therapy when I'm home and will be more fun.
8. I got a regular takini too. Takinis rock.
9. I'm feeling better about my exercise program. I'm feeling better BECAUSE of my exercise program. I feel crappy about sleeping instead of exercising today; though I did get a good walk into work today.
10. I started a new notebook today for my work notes. I love starting new notebooks. I'm working towards a very much reduced paper office and I'm doing very well, these notebooks are my one weakness, I like to write things down sometimes. The process of making script seems to help me think more than the process of tapping keys.
11. I hope Lettuce Knit has the Spring Interweave. I really want to knit the Whisper Cardigan while I'm in Mexico. I'm hoping my stash yarn will work. I'm going between these two colours of Handpaintedyarn.com laceweight, or this Briar Rose Grandma's Blessing (which I think will be too thick). I'm thinking I should use a semi-solid so the Orange is the big contender.
I might not have enough of the orange laceweight which will lead me down the ice ramp of breaking my knit from stash pledge right into the loving embrace of some malabrigo laceweight or sea silk or something equally lovely for this sweater. Ack!
12. I haven't purchased any yarn since mid-December. Maybe I've shown enough resolve...