Hooray! I'm finished Rogue. The last bit was a struggle, but I'm happy with the result:
I really wasn't happy with the hem so I decided to rip it out and start again. No small feat when it's knit into the body of the sweater. So I boldly snipped and unravelled it from the sweater, and then picked up and knit back the hem to the right length, bound it all off and sewed it in. It worked perfectly, no biasing, no wonky cable sides, nothing.
Hemmed edges was just one of the many things I learned by knitting this sweater. I also learned about closed celtic cables and their structure, the perils of over-steam blocking, how to do a fab kangaroo pocket without sewing, and that I can be totally taken in by a sweater pattern--this was one of the most fun knits I've ever done. Here's some more photos from the side and back: